A Fine Man Once Said:

"Part of the 10 million I spent on gambling, part of it on booze, and part of it on women. The rest I spent foolishly."

- George Raft





Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Apparel Arts - The Collection




A few readers asked if I could post a picture of my entire Apparel Arts collection - but truth be told, I actually don't have that many. If you were to assume that the magazine was published 8 times a year from 1932-1939, then there are roughly 64 issues from the golden era of the 1930s. Of course, there could be more or less - it's an inexact science. At the moment, I own 17 original issues: one is an over-sized soft-cover issue from 1945, while another is the over-sized soft-cover Summer 1936 issue. All the rest are the "classic" over-sized hard-cover issues from the 1930s (although I also own a re-printed Travel and Leisure 1936 issue that was a faithful cover-to-cover reproduction included in the Italian 3-volume set published by Gruppo GFT in the early 1990s).



Anyway, here are a few of them - I'm sure that you get the idea!


No comments:

Post a Comment