A Fine Man Once Said:

"Part of the 10 million I spent on gambling, part of it on booze, and part of it on women. The rest I spent foolishly."

- George Raft





Tuesday, November 19, 2013

I Am Dandy @ National Arts Club



Another day, another wonderful event related to Rose Callahan and Nathaniel Adams' excellent book I Am Dandy. This week, the National Arts Club is hosting an exhibit of Mrs. Callahan's images from the book. Last night was the opening reception, but its definitely worth a trip if you're in the city this week.

There's always  a great group of people on hand at the I Am Dandy events, and last night was no different. The photo above was posted by Christian Chensvold to Dandyism.net's Facebook page this morning. From left to right: Dandyism.net's Christian Chensvold and Robert Sacheli with Jake Mueser of Against Nature, G. Bruce Boyer, and yours truly here at An Uptown Dandy.




EXHIBITION NOVEMBER 18-22
 I am Dandy

Portraits by photographer ROSE CALLAHAN with writing by NATHANIEL ADAMS
from their new book I am Dandy: The Return of the Elegant Gentleman


THE NATIONAL ARTS CLUB
 Marquis Gallery
 15 Gramercy Park South
 New York City

Prints available for purchase
 

No comments:

Post a Comment