A Fine Man Once Said:

"Part of the 10 million I spent on gambling, part of it on booze, and part of it on women. The rest I spent foolishly."

- George Raft





Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Lost New York - The Old Penn Station




Sometimes on my way home in the evenings, I find myself waiting for my track announcement at Penn Station in the Amtrak area. The columns there feature photographs of the old Penn Station, which are sad to look at when you consider how terrible the new station is.



As someone once said, when you entered the old Penn Station, you felt like a king entering the city. Now, you feel like a rat scurrying through the subterranean tunnels of the "new" station.



Anyway, it would be nice to come and go into the city everyday through what appears to have been a magnificent structure in its day.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment