A Fine Man Once Said:

"Part of the 10 million I spent on gambling, part of it on booze, and part of it on women. The rest I spent foolishly."

- George Raft





Sunday, March 18, 2012

More from Spain Or Some Not So Nocturnal Ramblings

As I mentioned the other day, I did have some time to drop into a few shops as I was walking around Barcelona. There were just enough stores to keep a dandy interested - here are just a few that I passed while wandering around downtown.

Somewhere in the old city, down one of the typically narrow but elegant Barcelona streets, I came across this little Sombreria. It was just down the street from a church that was hundreds of years old, which in Spain is like saying it was next to a fire hydrant or a street lamp in New York City.


The shop had a nice looking stock of Stetsons and Borsalinos - and its always good to know where one can find suitable headwear, wherever you may be.


Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of the street, but it was near this little cafe, which stuck out because of the vintage gramophone on display in the window.




Of course, I did get around to Carmina to sample the shell cordovan (more pics from the shop to come - still waiting on the photos). I have to say, it certainly lived up to its billing. I've actually been comparing the split toe loafers that I picked up to a similar style shell cordovan made by C&J for Ralph Lauren and have to say that the Carmina shoes more than hold their own with the English shoemaker. But more on that later as well. 

Towards the end of the week, we took a day trip south to Sitges, a quiet little beach town on the Mediterranean, about 25 minutes south of Barcelona. 



Walking towards the beach, I came across a small shop featuring, among other things, Brunello Cucinelli's always-impressive cashmere.




All-in-all, a wonderful time!







No comments:

Post a Comment